Free & Low-Cost Activities to Think About During Lockdown
Written by one of our own San Diego Brain Injury Survivors, November 20, 2020
This year has been challenging for everyone. Especially as we close out the year with no sign of social distancing and lockdowns going away, it seems to be getting more and more difficult to think of new things to do to keep us busy…AND safe. So, a San Diego brain injury survivor put this list together to help you with new and fun things that can still be done for little or no cost! Enjoy!!
1. Attend free Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) online classes through San Diego Community College District’s Continuing Education Center — sdce.edu
2. Participate in UCSD Recreation’s free online classes (exercise, lectures, etc.) — recreation.ucsd.edu
3. Participate in the YMCA’s free online exercise classes and lectures — ymcasd.org
4. Visit Brainline website — brainline.org
5. Watch “Brain on Nature” podcasts — brainonnature.com
6. Do free brain training games on Lumosity — lumosity.com
7. Watch free online UCSD-TV programs — ucsd.tv
8. Watch the San Diego Brain Injury Foundation’s recorded meetings on their YouTube Channel at youtube.com/theSDBIF
9. Check the calendar of virtual events on Live Well San Diego — livewellsd.org
10. Enroll in free online classes offered through San Diego Public Libraries — education.gale.com
11. Participate in the online classes through the Continuing Education Center at Rancho Bernardo — cecrb.com or call (858) 487-0464
12. “Museums from Home” activities — sandiegomuseumcouncil.org
13. Do mindfulness/adult coloring books (sometimes available at dollar stores)
14. Borrow materials from the library (books, DVDs, e-books, etc.) — sdcl.org and sandiego.gov
15. Call, email, write letters and send greeting cards to family, friends, former colleagues, etc.
16. Try some new healthy recipes — eatfresh.org
17. Here are a few brain injury yoga lessons that you can try out from the Love Your Brain yoga You Tube Channel — Gentle Floor practice and Gentle Chair practice
This is a wonderful list Which includes many offerings Unfamiliar to me. I love that so many of them have to do with BI Recovery so it’s not just a list to keep busy, but also to keep productive by healing and strengthening our brains. Thank you so much for all the time and energy taken to compile this Comprehensive list and share it with us!