The San Diego Brain Injury Foundation (SDBIF) is pleased to offer scholarship opportunities for individuals surviving brain injuries that are residents of San Diego. This $500 scholarship is awarded to honor and encourage brain injury survivors to continue their education. It is open to graduating San Diego high school seniors and adults with acquired brain injuries and is to be used to further their education and/or training at a college or technical school.
To apply for the SDBIF Scholarship Application, you will need to complete and have the following submitted by June 30, 2020. Winners will be notified on August 1, 2020.
1) Completed application form
2) Letter of recommendation from a teacher or professional knowledgeable of the brain injury
3) Verification of the Acquired Brain Injury from a doctor or therapist treating the brain injury
4) An essay titled “My Brain Injury Can’t Stop Me”
5) Proof of application or registration from a 4-year college/university, technical college or community college